Senior Project Manager – Solar PV Projects
PEG is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager for our utility scale solar PV project team. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, management, co-ordination, and financial control of the development of the Solar PV plant. A combination of business and technical skills is essential.
The main responsibility for this role is to provide ongoing and activeproject management and ensuring all objectives are met with respect to programming, costs, schedules, quality, environmental, safety, legal and customer satisfaction for development of the utility scale solar PV plants.This will include, but is not limited to;
- Ensure all objectives of the solar farm under construction are successfully delivered with regard to cost, time lines, quality, environmental safety and legal aspects.
- Liaise and communicate with all local and international stakeholders.
- Manage and ensure coordination of all project stakeholders and team members (EPC and O&M Contractors, Owners Engineers, field supervisors, document controller, HSE team etc) on site through effective resource and contract management.
- Review plans and schedules and monitor through the different stages of the projects.
- Responsible for coordination and review of the Monthly Progress reports prepared by the EPC contractor, providing feedback to Project Company. Lead weekly coordination meetings with Contractors.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure the project is on schedule and within scope.
- Manage the documentation of contract bids and adherence to the projected completion dates.
- Maintains frequent external interactions with customers, vendors and suppliers.
- Resolution of problems and issues relating to technical, schedule and budget performance.
- Safeguard and control work carried out by EPC Contractors, coordinate, and supervise communication, control health and safety procedures, ensure compliance with norms and designs.
- 5+ years Project Management experience, preferably with an engineering background and/or training in Project Management Fundamentals
- Minimum solar project size managed of 100 MW, acceptable as a sum on multiple sites
- Experience with Tier 1 EPC or solar IPP
- Experience in developingand implementation of utility scale PV projects
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Experience and knowledge of national utility grid networks and interfacing.
- Experience in construction activities – engineering support, specification, and schedule monitoring, testing and commissioning.
- Experience in engineering and construction industry with a strong ability to interact with clients and organization in related industry (either in a development or technical role).
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong ownership skills.
- Strong problem solving, creative thinking and good communication skills on different levels.
- Holistic, process and product oriented with practical orientation.
- Quick learner, team player, pro-active.
- Organised and results oriented
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
To apply and be considered for this position, please forward a detailed curriculum vitae, letter of motivation, expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence in compliance with our code of ethics.
T: +27 (0)21 433 0366
F: +27 (0)21 433 2099
Physical address: 47 Main Road, Green Point, Cape Town, 8005
Postal address: PO Box 1199, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa