Engineering Support – Solar PV Projects
The Business Development Technical Engineer will be responsible for the technical aspects of cost-efficient utility scale Solar PV plants and to coordinate all technical contributions for the entire project cycle for solar PV projects; from new business ventures concepts through to assistance with plant’s operational incidents and optimization.
The main responsibility for this role is to provide ongoing and active technical support to the Operational division and to assist the Business Development division during tenders with concept engineering and development of successful bids. This will include, but is not limited to;
- Perform engineering analysis and simulations, and provide technical guidance to the team and interacts with the key stakeholders.
- Assure the control and availability of input data and technical interface data necessary for development, construction, and operation of the project.
- Undertake engineering analyses and forming an informed opinion of projects including technology and contractor review and comparison, ensuring delivery of the lowest LCOE.
- Plan the project technical activities
- Project Manage and oversee bid preparation
- Project Manage until the end of the construction phase
- Contribute to the objective in securing projects for the Company, both locally and international, and therefore, this role will require some travel from time to time.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications:
- Electrical / Electro-Mechanical Engineering degree
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in design, development or construction of embedded generation facilities, renewables and photovoltaic systems
- Team player
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, PVSyst Experience with substation, grid connection and interconnection Experience in construction activities – engineering support, specification and schedule monitoring, testing and commissioning
- Quick learner, team player, pro-active.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong ownership skills.
- Strong problem solving, creative thinking and good communication skills on different levels.
- Holistic, process and product oriented with practical orientation.
- Attention to detail
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate.
T: +27 (0)21 433 0366
F: +27 (0)21 433 2099
Physical address: 47 Main Road, Green Point, Cape Town, 8005
Postal address: PO Box 1199, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa