We seek to recruit Country Managers in various target countries which fall in our Business Development target regions (Asia Pacific, Latin America and Europe, Middle East and Africa). We seek a senior person with experience in directing a national operation, requiring leadership and motivational skills to lead a very fast growing industry. Whilst not essential, renewable energy and electrical experience would be an added advantage. The Country Manager will be responsible for all aspects of development of our Solar footprint in the designated country, supported by our Technical Centre of Excellence ‘TCoE”, based in India, our Financial Team based in Abu Dhabi and Cape Town. Depending on location, the Country Manager report to the relevant Business Development regional Head and will expected to develop relationships with the relevant government and private stakeholders on order to successfully develop solar PV projects from land acquisition until commercial operation date (COD).
It is important that the Country Manager is familiar with the Solar PV development plans of the country and the various programmes in place. S/he will also be responsible for the preplanning and development of the selected sites to enable a safe and efficient delivery of the project, considering all of the risks.
- Identification of solar PV opportunities at various locations
- Liaise with our TCoE and Financial team
- Develop Project roadmaps, plans and timetables
- Liaise with relevant government and private stakeholders
- Engage with local municipalities to identify suitable sites for solar projects
- Lead site acquisition
- Initiate and execute feasibility studies and approval processes
- Appraisal and approval of preliminary grid connections, and applications
- Facilitate signing of Power Purchase Agreement framework
- Manage all investment criteria
- Oversee the overall delivery of Projects
- Provide sound communication and reporting.
- Based in target country and availability to travel to regions as necessary.
- Energetic person with strong business acumen and a desire to drive excellence and innovation in the business
- Being analytical and using these skills to drive decisions, yielding sustained, measurable results
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to assess existing processes and identify opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Significant processional project management experience
- Understanding the energy sector and infrastructure development (knowledge of electrical systems & country electricity grid)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and driven
- Relevant management degree
- Good language proficiency in local language and English language (spoken and written)
- Ambition to be an future business leader
We will provide a market leading salary and bonus structure to the ideal candidate.
In strictest confidence with detailed CV to: email@example.com
T: +27 (0)21 433 0366
F: +27 (0)21 433 2099
Physical address: 47 Main Road, Green Point, Cape Town, 8005
Postal address: PO Box 1199, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa